1. I am finally getting back into a good workout routine after a few weeks. Once things calmed down a bit after my midterm last Thursday night, I lifted for 50 minutes on Friday, ran 5.25 miles on Saturday, did yoga on Sunday, ran 5 miles and swam 4500 yards on Monday, and swam 4000 yards on Tuesday. On Wednesday I did 30 minutes of weights, 15 minutes on the stair climber, and yoga. Yesterday my HUD friend, Maureen, and I ran 6 miles during our lunch break. Gorgeous weather!
2. After my lovely 6-mile run with Maureen, I made the impulsive decision to sign up for the White Rock marathon in December and pace Maureen to break 5 hours!
3. I had a bunch of stuff to tell Cliff, so we decided to hit up Railhead after work for some beers and barbeque. We got 4 tickets for Budweiser beers. Too bad I had class and we wasted three of the free beers :(
4. I'm not a huge fan of dark beers, but the Budweiser Ziegenbach was pretty tasty. Why is it that I like all of the Bud varieties like Bud Light Lime, Bud Light Golden Wheat, and Ziegenbach, but I don't like Bud Light? Hmmmm....
5. Somehow I still convinced myself to go to class after three scooners of ice cold beer. I am still patting myself on the back for that.
6. Yesterday I got on Ticketmaster the minute the presale started and purchased Lady Gaga tickets for my brother and I. I am going home to California December 20-27, and the concert is on December 21 in Los Angeles. I had a hard time finding available tickets. I couldn't get the orchestra pit (standing room only, $79) or the orchestra seating ($59), but I got center seats in the first main level. They were only $29 + fees... like $84 total for 2 tickets. Heck yeah!
7. I had gone 2.5 weeks without lifting. After some good workouts on Friday and Wednesday, I am hurting in a good way. Usually I do 2 sets of 25 reps (I try to lift light since I’m not supposed to be lifting at all with my leaky heart valves), but I did 3 sets of 15 reps a little heavier yesterday and I am really feeling it.
8. My plan today is to swim during my lunch break and do yoga at 5:00.
9. I have a nice, relaxing evening planned. I hope to get to bed early tonight so I can dominate on my long run tomorrow. My friend Jill is running 20 miles, so I am meeting her after she runs 6 and we are going to run 14 together.
10. My orthodics make my feet smile. It will be interesting to see how my feet hold up after 14 miles since I've only been running 5-6 max in the new orthodics. But I have high hopes.
11. I'm heading to Ardmore on Saturday with GusGus to go camping with Cliff's family. I'm not a huge fan of camping, but at least the weather will be nice.
12. Cliff bought us a 9 x 9 tent, so we can fit our queen-sized air mattress and GusGus's bed. Camping fun for the whole family!
13. I'm still waiting to hear about the supervisory position I applied for at work. Our Director received the applications from HR this week, so hopefully I will have an interview soon. So cross your fingers and toes for me!
1 comment:
I posted my Pearl Izumi Post and then read her blog. I think it's funny that people get upset about using the word jogger. To me if you run a race and try to get faster, or beat someone your a runner no matter how fast you are.
Post a Comment