Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Swim Practice (and a little venting!)

Let me preface this by saying that I suck these days and that 1:10 per 100 pace has become next to impossible (even with paddles on). This is the first year that I haven’t swum 400+ miles (I’m at 350 right now), mainly because I because I started averaging about 2 workouts per week after short course nationals in May. Okay… soapbox… totally NOT cool to draft off me for ¾ of each swim and take it easy and then sprint the last 50 and beat me. I know I need to lighten it up, it is just masters swimming, etc. But this drives me INSANE! And this girl is not a triathlete either, so it’s not like she’s practicing the drafting skills. My last 200 pull this morning on a descending set was 2:22, and this girl went 2:21, and like every other 200, she piddled around the first 150 and then smashed me on the last 50. Now maybe if I was going like 2:15 and/or beating her, I wouldn’t be so cranky. But I do not want to be beat by Sammy Save-Up! Okay, got that off my chest!

Amy, Kit, and I went to lunch at Sushi Axiom today. It was great (except the service was a little weird... they were trying for the "teamwork" concept, but you could tell they didn't communicate with each other). I got the CA rolls and the Philly rolls, two of my faves.

I don't think I mentioned that I retook the coaching exam and scored a 95, reclaiming my dignity.

2 comments:

Brent Poulsen said...

who is soap box

Derek said...

I'm glad you regained your dignity!!