Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Running Progress

I got my orthodics last week, and I have done several 2-mile runs with them as well as some walks with GusGus and a little time at the gym. So I am slowly getting used to them. It feels weird having so much support under my arches, but they should really help me long-term.

On Sunday morning I did a 10-mile run by myself at 6 am and then went to yoga for 90 minutes. That was a great workout for me, and I felt better on the run than I did 2 weeks ago when I ran 9 miles with (or, rather, behind) Shawna and Derek. My pace was still just over 10 minutes, but I think that is indicative of me being out of running shape. I did a 2-miler yesterday around my hilly neighborhood at 9:10 pace, so that was a little faster than what I have been going. Last week I also did two 5-mile runs, a treadmill run and a group lunchtime run. The group run went very well, and we averaged about 9:20 pace (and I felt great). Last week I did just over 20 miles. The week before was very low mileage because I didn't get a long run in. The week before that was just over 20 miles. So I think I putting in a fairly decent base given that my 50K is not until February. I was planning on running 12 miles on Saturday morning, but Cliff and I decided to go to Shreveport for the weekend. So I will try to squeeze in a couple 5-6 milers and maybe get a long run done before my parents arrive on Friday, October 9. It seems like there is so much going on right now.

No comments: