Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Last Weekend

After a busy weekend with my parents (Friday night - Tuesday morning) and a midterm* on Thursday night, it was nice to have a relaxing weekend with Cliff. I coached Water Works 2 on Friday and then Cliff and I vegged and watched Dexter and had Subway for dinner. It was a chill (and cheap!) night. I coached masters practice on Saturday morning and then did a 5-mile run in Benbrook and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Cliff and I watched the Texas/OU game on TV and then took a nice, long nap. In the evening we went to my friend Brandon's wedding reception. We didn't know what to expect on 820 (since the traffic is normally bad), so we got there early and stopped at Cantina Laredo for a drink. Then we went to the party at their house, and their house was absolutely amazing. We didn't know anyone (until we saw Mikey and LeeAnn), so it was fun to just kick back and enjoy after all of our wedding stuff where we were more stressed out. The food and wine were incredible. If we didn't have the drive home to deal with, we definitely would have stayed longer.

We slept in until 10 on Sunday, which I totally needed. Then we met Stacy, Kona, and Molly at the dog park. Cliff hadn't been before, and I don't think he'll be going back. Gus is a little difficult because all he wants to do is lick the ladies, so he is kind of annoying to the other dogs. Also, we get scared that he'll escape because he likes to chase cars. There are two sets of gates (in case a dog gets out the first one), and Gus snuck out the first one a couple times when other owners and their dogs were leaving. It is nice for Gus to be able to run around without his leash on though. I have to keep him on the leash at bulldog play date since it's so close to University Drive (with lots of cars) and the space is not confined. It will be a lot easier once he gets fixed though, because he is like a dirty teenaged boy right now. We are thinking about breeding him, and I think we have to wait about 6 more months. He's coming up on his first birthday (November 4)! Sunday afternoon was productive. I did the grocery shopping, wrote a few thank you notes, and did yoga at 5:00. I threw together some lowfat turkey chili dogs for dinner and we watched some TV (hooray Desperate Housewives).

*I left my house in Fort Worth at 5:45 and my class at UT Arlington started at 7:00. I figured that would allow me about 20-30 minutes to pick up my Scantron from Amy and do a bit of last minute cramming. Well there was a huge accident on I-20, and the electronic sign said that the 3 right lanes were closed at Bowman. No cars were moving, so I made the quick decision to exit on 287 North and take that to 30 East. So I was freaking out a bit, but there was no traffic on 287. However, I didn't realize that there is only a 30 West (and not a 30 East) exit from 287, so I ended up on the side streets downtown. I called Cliff (pretty hysterical) and he told me to get back on 30 the same way I used to get on 35 North to get to our apartment. I figured that out pretty quickly and bolted down I-30. When I exited Cooper, I sent Amy another text and let her know that I should be arriving in the parking lot (where she had a spot saved for me and my Scantron) at 7:00. Then the arms for the train came down, and I got stuck waiting for the train. At that point I just had to laugh. I ended up getting to class at 7:10. I felt really rude disrupting everyone, but I tried my best to get there on time. Fortunately I still had plenty of time to take the exam, and I apologized to my professor when I turned in my test and explained what had happened. Yesterday I looked at the course web site, and I got the highest score (92) on the exam. The class (about 60 people) average was 71, and the low was 44. So maybe I should be late more often!

No comments: