I was out for sushi with the girls last Wednesday night. My tummy ached a bit before the meal and then I experienced excruciating pain afterwards. I figured I just overate and/or I was getting a stomach bug. The drive home was misery. I walked in the door crying and immediately put on some sweatpants (the jeans were killing my tummy) and hopped on the bed. I realized the pain was coming from my left side, not my entire tummy. Cliff and I talked about going to the ER, but I was afraid they would just tell me that I ate too much sushi. Looking back on it, I wish I had gone since it's a week later and I still don't have any answers.
I went to urgent care the next day, and my blood and urine tests came back fine. The doctor wrote me a prescription for a CT scan, and the earliest appointment I could book was on Wednesday morning at 8 am. So now it's just a waiting game. I'm trying to figure out what it is... kidney stones? Digestion issues? Girl problems? Hernia? Hopefully the CT scan will give me an answer.
I went to Dr. Dukes (a chiropractor) on Friday, and it didn't seem to be muscular. Plus I'm pretty familiar with the straining/pulling sensation, and this issue just seems to feel more like an organ and less like a muscle (if that makes any sense).
I haven't worked out since Wednesday afternoon, when I ran 10K around my neighborhood and did about 10 minutes of abs and arms. Cliff and I walked Gus on Sunday (only about 3/4 of a mile), and that has been the extent of my activities for nearly a week. I am going to try going for a walk today and see how I feel.
I ran 18 miles before our Mexico trip, and then my long run was shorter (12 miles) the following weekend in preparation for 20 miles this past weekend. Obviously that didn't happen. My 50K is coming up on the 27th. Hopefully I can take care of whatever is causing me this pain and discomfort and be able to run in a week or two. I feel like I have trained enough for this (after doing the White Rock marathon and an 18-miler, I figured I would have enough under my belt with an additional 20-miler). I feel like I am slowly losing my fitness though. This stinks!
No comments:
Post a Comment