1. I’m in the mood to do an organized race, and I’m thinking about “The Falls,” part of the Capt’n Karl race series. There is a 30K race at 7 pm on Saturday, August 14. I definitely need a list of equipment to bring, because I have no clue. I’ve never run with a Camelback or any of those accessories.
2. I’ve been detoxing after five days of gluttony in Mexico. The pounds have been melting off. It’s amazing what healthy food, no alcohol, and daily runs can do.
3. Cliff and I have been on a Netflix craze lately. We finished Season 1 of Nurse Jackie (my favorite), and we’re also watching Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy (Cliff likes that a bit more than I do, kind of like Breaking Bad) and Season 2 of True Blood (Sooooooookie).
4. I’m going to have to buy the Sookie Stackhouse books. Melissa got me a B&N gc for my birthday, so that should work out perfectly.
5. On Friday night we’re heading to Key’s Lounge for some James Hinkle and Wendy Colonna. Good times!
6. 24 Hour Fitness is doing a promotion where members can bring a friend for free on Saturdays in the summer. I keep telling Cliff we should go together, but I think this Saturday we are actually going to do it! Or so I say… until Saturday morning rolls around and we sleep in ;)
7. Cliff asked me what I wanted for my birthday (thinking I would want the new iPhone), and I couldn’t really think of anything. So I settled on a couples massage. So we have a champagne couples massage set up for Saturday afternoon.
8. We’re leaving for the AGA Conference in Orlando on Sunday. I’ll miss four days of work (Monday-Thursday) and lounge around the hotel while Cliff attends training classes. Hopefully we’ll get to do a few fun things. I’m rooting for Epcot Center.
9. I’ve fallen a little behind on my CFE studying. I read the whole Financial Transactions section (one whole binder of two) and I am finishing up one of the three smaller sections. I hope to get another small section done in Orlando, and then I’ll have one more section to read when I get home. Then I plan on reviewing everything, taking the practice exams, and taking the tests. I have 30 days to pass all four parts. Hopefully I will get started with the exam in early August.
10. I think we’re giving GusGus separation anxiety. It was so hard to leave him at Auntie Shawna’s last week and watch him paw at the fence as I was leaving. Now I have to leave him again when we go to Orlando. He seemed out of sorts the day I brought him home, but then I brought his bed and favorite toy home the following day, and he went bonkers. I think he is very possessive of his bed and his nylabones.
11. I keep stubbing my toes. Last night, I stubbed my hurt toe on the coffee table. This morning, I stubbed my toe on the bedroom door. I must have horrible spatial perception.
12. I’ve been sleeping like crud these last four nights since we’ve returned from Mexico. I’m hot at night, I itch from mosquito bites, and I toss and turn and have crazy dreams. Maybe I need two sets of sheets and a big, fluffy comforter like our awesome bed in Mexico.
13. I started a “budget” on January 1 to track how we spend our money. I have about 20 categories. It is depressing. I haven’t even been shopping much. So now I’m really making a better effort to save… until we go to Orlando… and then the Bahamas.
No comments:
Post a Comment