Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 10

The training plan called for an easy 2-mile run on Monday, a speed workout on Wednesday (which I replaced with a tempo workout), and a 20-miler on Saturday.

Run #1 (Monday morning) - 4 miles @ 9:49 (41:13); Lake Country; Cruised 4 miles nice and easy. I was grumpy.

Run #2 (Wednesday afternoon) - 6.07 miles @ 9:32 (57:55); Downtown/Trinity Trail; The Bassett Hound rescue mission run!

Run #3 (Thursday morning) - 7.05 miles, inc 5 miles @ 8:44, 8:30, 8:28, 8:24, 8:27 (1:02:31); Downtown/Trinity Trail; I did next week's tempo run instead of a speed workout. I was very happy with my pace. It felt easier than last week, and my legs were more tired this time around (since I wasn't coming off a rest week).

Run #4 (Saturday morning) - 20 miles @ 10:17 (3:25:57); Trinity Trail; It was warm and humid, and I went through a ton of water. I ate a Gu/Gel at miles 5, 10, and 15. I was under 10-minute pace on the first 10 miles, and then I started dying. Fortunately Stacy was there to run the second half with me. Even though I was super tired and probably had no business attempting a 20-miler, I got it done. So that was a great accomplishment mentally - to push myself when I was pretty much a disaster!

Total Weekly Mileage: 37.32 miles

Other Workouts:
Weights & abs 50 min
Elliptical machine 50 min
Walked Gus 4.5 miles

No comments: