Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sore Easter Sunday

I ended up not doing the half marathon in Ardmore last Sunday.  I was a little bummed because I did the half in 2010, the full in 2011, and now I ruined my streak.  But Cliff and I ended up driving back to Fort Worth on Saturday after our nephew's birthday party.  We get nervous about leaving the dogs alone for more than 24 hours. 

So no half mary, but one blue nephew:

So I was in the mood to push myself on Saturday with a good workout.  I drove out to the Trinity Trail and ran 6 miles by myself.  I started off thinking that I'd aim for a sub-10:00/mile average, but I increased the tempo and had a great descend (10:03, 9:41, 9:43, 9:16, 9:23, 9:13).

After my run I headed straight to Shag Fitness for CrossFit.  The Saturday workouts are always killer, especially because they last for about 45 minutes (which in CrossFit time, feels like 3 hours).  So here was our workout (hopefully I'm getting these right):

3 rounds of:
25 thrusters (squat and press motion)
25 slam balls
Sled run (wearing a vest and pulling a 45-pound weight contraption)
25 pull-ups (with the assistance band)
25 burpees with box jump
25 undulation ropes
2 wall push-ups
25 sit-ups

My total time was 46:35.  Here are a few pictures.  I look like a beast (said with a sarcastic undertone). 

The first one is a burpee in progress:

The second photo is with the ropes.  If it looks like they are defeating me, it's because they are.

I spent the afternoon relaxing with Cliff and the pups.  It's crazy that it's already pool weather in early April.

One happy GusGus:

 Lucy thinking "Mom, don't make me get in!"


No comments: