I got home at about 11:15 pm on Wednesday night after my flight landed in DFW and I picked the pups up at Leslie's house. I think Gus is happy to go back to a bed his own size now after stealing Margot's.
On Thursday I took my first day off (from working out) in a month. I had packed my gym bag so I could lift weights during my lunch break, but then I faced the reality that I never really get a lunch break anymore. On Friday morning I ran 6.16 miles around our 'hood. That evening, Cliff and I met some friends for dinner at BJ's, which is apparently the hoppin' spot to be in that Heritage Trace area. On Saturday morning I set the alarm for 5:18 (eeek) after a slumber party with the dogs. Stacy and I met at Lockheed and ran 4.5 miles before masters swim practice. After swim practice, we drove to Dallas to watch our friend Melissa bench press in a power lifting competition.
Melisssa with her cheering crew:
Later in the day, Cliff and I spent some time in the pool. GusGus ate a wasp (while it was swimming in his pool), and Lucy threw up a pile of leaves. Never a dull moment. Best beer of the summer...
I picked up some dinner at Taste of Italy and I treated GusGus to a car ride. It just took a lot of persuading to get him into the back seat.
I took care of a 4.6-mile run this morning before it got ridiculously hot outside, and I'm heading to masters swim practice at 11:30 (for some calorie burnage and a tan - it's a twofer). Loving all of the Olympic swimming coverage on TV, except I keep spoiling it for myself by reading Twitter and Facebook. Social media is just too tempting though.




No comments:
Post a Comment