Monday, March 1, 2010

*Insert Race Report Here*

I feel like such a flake for not running the Cowtown 50K after I paid $100 (and, more importantly, committed!). But I knew I had to be smart and figure out the health issues. I have a follow-up appointment with the gastroenterologist next week, but it does appear that this abdominal pain is a GI issue. The Nexium (little purple pill) seems to be helping.

I finally made it out for a run yesterday after 3.5 weeks off. I ran 4 miles in about a 9:30 pace, and then I did 3 miles this morning in about a 10:00 pace (it was raining pretty hard, so I had to be careful and jump over a bunch of puddles). It is great to be back. Now I have to be careful not to do too much too soon, but I would at least like to do 20 miles this week (and maybe a medium run of 10 or 12 miles on Saturday morning). Hooray!

I've been working on my strength training for the past 10 days after Shawna gave me some suggestions last week. My workouts have been much more intense, and now I'm all up on that Bosu Ball!

Cliff's birthday weekend was a success. I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen (I made a pasta casserole and M&M cookies on Friday night and I also whipped up a big brunch on Sunday morning) and we had a fantastic dinner at Lambert's on Saturday night.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Glad your feeling better with the GI issues. So what is your next planned race or goal?