I'm fluctuating between 160.5-161 right now and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to break through that 160 mark and give myself a pat on the back. I'm still a long way away from my Operating Wedding Dress goal of 145... but please, scale gods, be nice to me tomorrow morning. And if you're wondering how I picked 145... I'm 5'9", so that is my "ideal body weight." I was 130-135 during the beginning of college, so I am definitely cutting myself a break.
I had a really good swim workout this morning at 24 Hour Fitness. I met up with Stacy and Sara and the main set was 4 x 500's at half Ironman pace with a minute rest between each. I swam two and pulled two, and it might have been a near death experience. The pool is short course meters and Stacy was aiming for 1:20-1:25, so we battled it out together and really pushed each other. My times were 7:06, 7:00, 6:52, 6:52. That shouldn't have been challenging, but we are not swimming much these days.
I've cut back on the working out this week, and I'm doing an hour a day instead of 1.5-2 hours a day. I have a massage tonight, so I am looking forward to that. My left knee has started to bother me... I'm not sure if it's from all of the cardio I've been doing or the Wii Fit (sad, I know) or maybe a combo. Either way it's being pretty pesky, and I want to be able to run on Saturday morning.
We leave for California in a week. I won't be running the Surf City Marathon, but I'm glad we have an excuse to go visit my family! Kristin is dogsitting GusGus so please say a prayer for her tonight :)
2 comments:
I still can't get my weight down right now, but we bought the Wii fit, so I'm hoping that will help me set goals and keepme on track. I thinks I need to start swimming again as that works muscles that don't see a lot of work.
You can do it! Have fun in CA! Good to see you for lunch yesterday!
Post a Comment