Monday, June 28, 2010

Lacing up the running shoes...

Well after about 10 or 12 days off following my not-so-sweet bathtub-kicking foot injury, I finally got back out there. My right foot is still sore, but I'm trying to remember to ice it and take Advil. On Wednesday I did the 5K route around my neighborhood, which is pretty hilly. My legs must have been rested, because I finished in 28:06 (9:03/mile pace). I did the same run on Friday morning with a little less effort (29:52, 9:38/mile pace). I met Stacy and Shawna for a run on the Trinity Trail on Sunday morning. We did 6 miles in exactly an hour (my OCD loved all 60 minutes of that timing perfection). The Texas heat is BRUTAL, even at 8:30 am. Stacy and I went for a swim at 24 Hour Fitness afterwards. We weren't really feeling it, but we ended up pushing each other and having a great workout. We did a 3,000-yard workout in an hour. Then we got to gorge on Baker Brothers salad afterwards. I do it for the food.

It's good to be back out on the road! Hopefully I can squeeze in a trail run tomorrow evening before we leave for Mexico!

No comments: