Friday, June 11, 2010

An Update on Running & Life

Running & Fitness
I ran 25.15 miles (6 fairly short runs) last week, and I have run 24.21 miles so far this week. I took the plunge and signed up for the Rocky Raccoon 50-mile trail run in February. I saw there is a trail run (Rockledge Rumble) in Grapevine in November, so the 30K or 50K will be good practice! I’m not doing any long runs right now because the heat and humidity are brutal. I’m trying to hit the trails at least once a week and run nearly every day. I’m thinking about running a marathon at the end of 2010 with the goal of breaking 4 hours.

I’ve been pretty consistent with my workouts, and I’m also doing Bikram Yoga, weights, and cardio. I have dropped a few pounds, but I’m still about 9 pounds over my lowest weight (right before we left for our wedding). I think I drink a bit more in the summer since it’s so tempting to have some beers in the pool. So if I can continue to drop a few more pounds this summer, that would be great. I’m aiming to lose about 10 more pounds since the lighter I am, the easier it is to run (especially since I have to tow the weight around for 50 miles in February).

My back has been bothering me this past week, probably from all of the running (and the new shoes). I saw Dr Dukes (chiropractor) a few days ago, but I’m still feeling some pain. I think it’s time to treat myself to a massage with Cynthia next week!

Weekends
Last weekend was Jordan’s (Cliff’s son) high school graduation. We went up to Ardmore on Friday and came back on Sunday night. We had a steak dinner with the family on Saturday night to celebrate. Cliff and I had a much needed day of R&R on Sunday. We lounged around the pool pretty much all day. My mom and Esther (technically my “step grandma”) visited during Memorial Day. We did a lot of eating, drinking, and swimming and a little shopping and walking. I bought quite a bit of stuff at the Allen Premium Outlets, including a Coach purse, two BCBG dresses, a dress and a top from Banana, and a top from Ann Taylor.

When Cliff and I get off work at 3:30, we’re going to head home and enjoy the pool for a few hours and then try J&J Oyster Bar. I’m meeting Stacy and Heidi for a swim tomorrow, and I’m hoping to make it to yoga beforehand. Cliff’s nieces have a dance recital tomorrow night, so we are going to that. On Sunday I am running with Stacy and then Cliff’s family is coming over for a pool party/BBQ.

Trips
Family vacation is coming up! We booked an El Dorado Fun for Less vacation package for Cliff, Leslie, Jordan, and me. We’ll be staying at one of the El Dorado five-star resorts, but we won’t find out which one until about a week before the trip. I’m going to Orlando with Cliff in July. He’s going to the AGA Conference (for free), so I am tagging along and staying in the p!mp resort. Cliff and I are also looking at booking a cruise to Key West and the Bahamas at the end of the summer, but we’re waiting to see what happens with the oil spill.

No comments: