I stuck to the plan this week and did an easy 4-mile run, a speed workout, and a 12-mile long run. Now I'm just hoping I can get over this congestion/sinus thing. IIIICCCCKKKYYY.
Run #1 (Tuesday afternoon): 4.05 miles @ 9:31 (38:31); Lake Country; Easy recovery run. Felt pretty good considering I did the 20-miler two days ago!
Run #2 (Thursday afternoon): Speed Work: 8 miles, inc 4 x 1600 in 7:51, 7:58, 8:05, 8:04 w/ 800 jogs (1:10:02); Downtown/Trinity Trail; I was pretty solid and consistent, and there was a bit of a headwind on the way out and tailwind on the way back. I was happy with the 7:59 average on the fast miles, especially since I wasn’t running on a track. My workout called for 7:55 pace, but that was close enough.
Run #3 (Saturday morning): 12 miles @ 9:54 (1:58:51); Trinity Trail/Overton Park/Foster Park/Overton Park/Colonial/Trinity Trail; I felt like crap. I had a sore throat, and I was pretty exhausted from Sunday’s 20-mile run and Thursday’s speed work. Thank goodness I had Derek and Stacy to run with, because this was a challenge.
Total Mileage Planned: 24 miles, Actual Mileage: 24.05 miles
Other Workouts:
Elliptical Machine 1 hour, 10 min
Weights & Abs 30 min
Walked Dogs 5.25 miles
Ooooh, and I got down to the Athena cut-off weight (exactly) this week. Only 5 pounds to go to hit my "ideal body weight" (145 pounds for a 5'9" female). This was the exact same weight I was when we left for our wedding in Mexico, and it was VERY short-lived. Hopefully the second digit of the scale will read a sweet, sweet "4" to me this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment