So now I’m turning my attention to the Rocky Raccoon 50-miler on February 5. I don’t have a training plan in place, but my goal is to churn out some mileage and build on the Saturday and Sunday runs (12 miles each) that I did this weekend. I am injury prone, so I’d rather load the mileage on the weekend (2 days) versus one long run. I didn't write a training plan because I want some flexibility through the holidays. This was a great start though… 40 miles for the week with a 12-miler on Saturday and Sunday. Plus I traveled to Louisiana Tuesday-Thursday for work, so that threw a wrench in the normal routine.
It's been a bit of a struggle to maintain my weight since I'm back on the sauce, and this is the celebration (eating) season. Hopefully some high mileage will help offset the food and drink!
Week 2 (Monday, December 13 – Sunday, December 19):
Run #1 (Tuesday morning) – 7 miles @ 9:23/mile (1:05:43); Lake Country; I did the hilly Golf Club/Lake Country route and then an additional 3.5 miles around my neighborhood before I headed to the airport.
Run #2 (Wednesday morning) – 4 miles @ 10:00/mile (40:00); Treadmill; Holy hangover. I felt like crud in the morning after too much wine and a bad night of hotel sleep, but I sweated it out!
Run #3 (Friday morning) – 5 miles @ 9:35/mile (47:57); Lake Country; Easy run around the neighborhood. I felt a little sluggish, but I was glad I got it done.
Run #4 (Saturday afternoon) – 12 miles @ 9:21/mile (1:52:12); Trinity Trail (from 7th and Collier); Felt really good and wanted to keep going.
Run #5 (Sunday morning) – 12 miles @ 9:40/mile (1:56:01); Colonial/Overton Park/Foster Park/Trinity Trail; I was feeling a bit sluggish after Saturday’s run, but things got better as I knocked off the mileage.
Total weekly mileage: 40
Other Workouts:
Weights & Abs 17 minutes
Elliptical Machine 50 minutes
Stationary Bike 53 minutes
Walked Dogs 1.5 miles
Total weekly workout time: 8 hours, 22 minutes
Week 1 (Monday, December 6 – Sunday, December 12):
Run #1 (Thursday evening) – 1.75 miles @ 9:29/mile (16:36); Lake Country; This was just a test run to see how my post-marathon recovery was shaking up. My right foot was talking to me!
Run #2 (Saturday morning) – 6 miles @ 9:58/mile (59:48); Trinity Trail; This was an easy run with Stacy and her dogs. I just wanted to get some mileage in, and I felt pretty good considering I did Bikram yoga for 90 minutes before the run.
Run #3 (Sunday afternoon) – 4.25 miles @ 8:55/mile (37:54); Lake Country; I ran this at a good tempo (my body seems to be way more awake in the afternoon/evening) and hit my 1,000th mile for the year.
Total weekly miles: 12
Other Workouts:
Weights & Abs 37 minutes
Elliptical Machine 20 minutes
Walked Dogs 3 miles
Bikram Yoga 90 minutes
Total weekly workout time: 4 hours, 21 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment