I was aiming for a big run on Saturday morning and ended up logging my longest training run in history (previous longest was 20 miles). I was hoping to finish the week with 60 miles, and I came up short. I needed a recovery day though... my legs are shot. Since tomorrow is a federal holiday, I'm hoping for a medium to long run on the Trinity Trail after my eye exam in the morning. Now it's time to start winding things down a bit with Rocky Racoon only 3 weeks away.
Run #1 (Monday evening): 5.30 miles @ 8:45/mile (46:25); Lake Country; I worked out some frustration and it felt great to just run... except my pants were falling down and I pulled them up about a zillion times. Great tempo work!
Run #2 (Tuesday afternoon): 10 miles @ 10:06/mile (1:41:07); Lake Country; I was aiming for mileage versus speed, and I got some good hill work done, including the Golf Club monster of a hill.
Run #3 (Friday afternoon): 6.24 miles @ 12:58/mile (1:20:55); Sansom Park; A much-needed trail run with Dan. We did a big loop, including the technical red trails. It was a bootie kicker!
Run #4 (Saturday morning: 24.05 miles @ 10:37 (4:15:36); Trinity Trail; I ran the first half with Dan in an 11:01/mile average and I ran the second half with Stacy in a 10:15/mile average. Our last mile was 9:51. Either we were highly motivated for some Panera coffee, I could have kept going, or I could have run faster (or a trifecta combo!). The distance (or maybe all of my suh-weet dance moves last night) caught up with me today though.
Other Workouts:
Stair Stepper 60 min
Weights & Abs 22 min
Weekly Running Totals: 45.59 miles, 8:04:03, 10:37/mile average pace
Total Workout Time for the Week: 9:26:06
No comments:
Post a Comment