Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Actually Signed up for a Tri...

After all of the smack-talking on the Tricowtown forum, I had to get in on the St Patty's sprint triathlon action. The tri is on Saturday, March 14 in Keller, so it's super close. Even though I haven't ridden my bike since the October Benbrook Women's Tri, I can definitely handle a sprint. It will be a lot of fun to get out there and race with everyone (Stacy, Jeanne, Heidi, Mikey, Dan, Diesel, Matt, etc.), and it's not an Oklahoma weekend, so Cliff can come watch me. Now I just need to get on my bike :) This will be my first sprint tri in a 50-meter (versus 25-yard) pool, so that will be nice. Plus Keller has a nice facility... cuz we know it's all about the swim!

I had a good mini-workout yesterday between work and coaching. I did 25 minutes on the Stairmaster and 20 minutes on the dreadmill. I booked it over to Wesleyan, and I coached the younger kids (6-9ish). Coaching that group is a lot more work since they need more stroke work and less conditioning. So I worked on breaststroke with them since that is my favorite. There is going to be a HUGE demand for private lessons this summer (another parent spoke to me yesterday), so it's going to be a matter of how much time I want to give up (since I can use the pool in our backyard). I'm thinking I will need the money to fund the wedding budget deficit :)

I have been super lazy today. I'm working from 6:00-2:30, and I took a nice little nap during my lunch break. I'm going to hit the gym before I have to be at the pool at 5:00. That saves me a little commuting time compared to going to the gym at lunch. Hopefully it's not too crowded from 3-4:40.

No comments: