Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A slight bit of crabbiness...

I have been so tired lately with all of these early morning barking wake-ups. Night before last I let Gus sleep with me from 1 am - 5:45 am, and that prevents me from any sort of deep sleep since he tends to move around. Last night he FINALLY let me sleep until my alarm went off. Thank goodness. I needed it... I couldn't even stay awake for the last 15 minutes of The Biggest Loser!

I was pretty much a domestic goddess yesterday. I made us breakfast sandwiches (light whole grain English muffin, 1/4 cup Eggbeater, 1/2 slice fat-free cheese, 1 piece of turkey bacon) in the morning. That is an Eve recipe, and I hadn't made them in quite awhile. I made 4 total (2 for each of us). It's a great high-protein breakfast. If you spray a coffee up with some Pam, pour 1/4-cup of Eggbeaters, add some seasoning (I use Louisiana Hot Sauce, pepper, and onion powder), and heat in the microwave for about 1:20, it comes out in a cute little pattie shape. Of course I packed Cliff's lunch, because I am a bad a$$ when it comes to that. Then I made some awesome salads for dinner - romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red bell pepper, cucumber, green onion, reduced fat blue cheese, avocado, chicken (Cliff grilled a bunch yesterday and we had leftovers), and fat-free ranch dressing. I could eat a big salad for dinner nearly every night of the week. I just need a personal chef to chop everything up for me, because that is so time consuming. It is funny to watch GusGus bark at the lettuce spinner though.

Yesterday I did 200 girl push-ups and 650 crunches at home. After work, I hit up 24 Hour Fitness and did 35 minutes on the Elliptical and 30 minutes on the Stairclimber. I'm working out a little less this week since I have the swim meet coming up on Friday and Saturday. Speaking of which, the psych sheets came out. I'm seeded first in the 1650 free on Friday night. That is the only event I have a chance of winning. I'm signed up for Sunday, but I probably won't be swimming that day since the couples shower is on Saturday night. I'm sure I'll be worn out after the 1650 free/400 IM double on Friday night and then 5 events and relays on Saturday. EEEEEEK. Kind of makes me wish that I had stayed in better swimming shape!

1 comment:

:) said...

That salad sounds yummy! I know I am not eating enough right now, but I am going to have to change my blog to fatman.blogspot.com! ;)